Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The "Ticker"

Where I am...3,2,4,2, tick tick tick.  Watching that ticker on the side of my blog waiting for it to turn 3,3,3,3.  Why? Why am I doing that?  If you have lost a child or children, don't ever let anyone tell you you should be over it, or that you should be grateful if you do have any living children.  I'm hearing so many insensitive stories of women who have to hear this and other crappy "phrases" that it makes me sick.  Those people have no clue if they have not been through it themselves, and I have no trouble these days dropping an unsupportive person on the drop of a dime.  If you don't know what to say, there are a ton of online resources on what you can say to a grieving parent, even when they are 3,3,3,3 down the road without their children!  Grief changes daily, its all very hard work that was never hard before, struggles beyond control.  God, I wanted control.  Heck, I want control now.  Wish I could write more...but I hope the point is there. Love, Nan xoxoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nan, Came over from Tesha's Blog. Sorry for the loss of your girls. I can't agree more with you. I had to delete my original blog due to insensitive people. Now I am start fresh, been doing some souls search. I look forward to getting to know you; even if it is through a blog. but any-who, peace and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I know what you mean! I'm one of those who get awful comments and blog stalkers that harass us (family members usually whom I have nothing to do with). Thank you for posting this, so much truth! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep those comment are soooooo hard. I feel like everyone is ready for me to better to move on. It is an awful feeling and so very lonely. Thank you for your love and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...totally get that need for control and the loss of it. Prayers for you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((HUGS)) Yes there are plenty of resources out there for people to read. I wish they would! What I don't understand is how people are unable to place themselves in other peoples shoes. If they would they would know that those words are hurtful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry your girls are not with you. I'm sorry you've had to deal with hurtful comments too. It seems as though everyone in this community get their share of those. Some people should come with warning labels, that's just the sad truth. All we can do is to try to surround us with those who strive for friendship based on mutual support and, who want to work for healthy, loving, peaceful relationships that thrive on hope and respect. Sometimes it's easier said than done, but it's still the only way to avoid those who abuse us as they see fit. Wishing you peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete