Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Special Delivery from Rachel

Hey everyone,

I recently received a package from my friend Rachel (see her loss support site and story here), who sends the cutest printed wraps, knit caps and birth announcement cards to hospitals as donations to give to recent babylost parents. She also adds a poem in the sachel bag, and on the other side of the poem she honors her triplet angels names and places a card with her site listed on it. She had asked if anyone wanted to have any of these that she had made up already so that we could deliver them to our local hospitals, and she sent them to me not asking for anything from me. How sweet is that? They are absolutely beautiful and are made with such love. My plan is to try to deliver them on my EDD this Friday, but I think it is going to be too hard. Thankfully my sister in law works at this hospital so if I cannot do it, then I can give them to her. Just thinking about seeing the area of the hospital we went through so much pain at gives me anxiety. I won't push myself though.

Below are some pictures of the cute little package Rachel puts together. It is so important to get the word out to people that help is out there. Her strength amazes me, and I look up to her so much for what she does, and it's alot! Take some time to visit her site and see all of the things she does to help. Someday I hope to be able to do atleast an ounce of what she does, she is my inspiration and such a sweet soul.





Love, Nan xo

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are beautiful! I delivered the hats just days before Ella's DD. I will be thinking of you on Friday. I hope you can find a way to make the day bearable. I'm gonna start working on butterflies for your girls tonight so that they can be up by Friday. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you got Rachel's wraps! I can imagine how seeing them in your home must have touched your heart. I literally teared up when I saw her 50 bagged wraps on her website last week. She is so amazing.

    I hope you are able to deliver the wraps - whether Friday or another day - if you think that would be therapeutic for you. It was so meaningful to me to go back to L&D (and the ICU and the other floor I was on) - mostly to thank the nurses and show them I was back on my feet. I even visited the elderly woman in the ICU room where I had my babies, although that was definitely tough. I know for others it is too hard to go back, as the halls and rooms bring up too much pain. I associate that place with meeting my babies - heartbreaking and yet wonderful - so for me it is not too hard.

    You know I am thinking about you all the time, and that is especially true as Friday nears. Many, many hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nan-
    I just wanted to let you know that I posted your girls' butterflies just now. They are so darling! I'd love to be able to mail them out to you- email me: briannemeg@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete