Wednesday, August 19, 2009

No Wonder My Back Hurt?!



I have had back pain for over a year, and never did anything about it, until now. Now I will go through the motions to treat mild levoscoliosis. I apparently have been making my body compensate from the time it started, which makes it worse. Sure, the contributing factors were:

1) That I gained 30 pounds in a matter of 20 weeks with the girls
2) That I was measuring as if I had a full term singleton in my belly
3) That I ignored the pain and thought it was all in my head

I always wondered if I my back pain masked the contractions and back labor I didn't know I was having. Not once did I ever feel a belly contraction, it was all in my back. Everyone tries to tell me that the reason my mucous plug came out was 'probably' because Shelby's sac ruptured, and that there was nothing I could do, but I will never know.

Hopefully by the time we TTC again, I will be good as new, and able to know the back labor signs (probably not!).

Despite the way this post sounds, I am actually doing ok. I am enjoying the girls' garden everyday, trying to start making some flower pictures for angels with the new blooms I find in the garden, and working like mad (at work of course).

Hope everyone is having a good week, we are half way to the weekend....woo hoo!

Love, Nan xo

7 comments:

  1. OUCH!!! Glad to hear you are doing well Nan!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! I see a chiropractor quite often too.

    I love Ella's bloom. What a wonderful idea! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you've found the source of your back pain. Hope you get to feeling better very soon!
    xo
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will be pain free soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Nan! I'm so sorry about your back pain!!!! Hopefully it will get better very, very soon. Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nan! I am so sorry...I am sure you have been in a ton of pain. Back pain is terrible. I hope you are feeling better. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your back feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete